Sunday, May 30, 2010

Beatrice and Clementine


This week I am dedicated to recording what happens when Bea sees Clementine.  Strangely, it's a rare occurrence because Clementine sleeps for almost the entire day.  When I finally bring her downstairs while Bea is awake, she gets so excited, screams with delight, and goes in for the attack.  She always wants to hold her on her lap and does so with an anaconda-like grip.  She always wants to poke her in the face and giggles every time she gets to touch her. 

I watched an episode of Martha Speaks(cartoon about a talking dog) while I was waiting for my car to be inspected and they were talking about the difference between a "dog lover" and a "doggie lover".  Doggie lovers are basically kids who love dogs so much that the end up abusing them.  Bea is like that, but with babies.  I'm afraid to even leave them in the same room with each other.  I have to be within three inches of them or else I know Bea's finger will definitely poke Clementine's eye out.  For now, she can only rub her head and kiss her feet.  She also holds her foot while we walk around.  Feet are pretty safe, aren't they?

3 comments:

Thayer said...

lovin' Bea's hairdo - does it take a while to get it like that? :) So sweet that she's so loving. I know Lil would be the same way, based on the way she loves her baby dolls. You look great, by the way, no surprise though...

Paige said...

I'm not sure what I like more: Bea's hair or Bea squeezing baby Clementine. So cute. Yes, you'll need to watch these two very carefully. I'm excited that Alta's finally getting tougher and can actually crawl to safety when Gabe comes in for the attack. :)

Sarah said...

How do you always get these babies that sleep all the time? I'm going to sign up for one of those this time. Bea looks so huge all of a sudden!