Monday, May 11, 2009

Thinking about Grandma Berry

This Mother's Day I have been thinking a lot about my grandma Berry who died a few years ago right before I found out I was pregnant with Henry. I really miss her and I think about her all the time. I put on her "E" necklace (stands for Ethella) and wore it all weekend. I was eating raspberries and thought of making raspberry jam with her and then I was organizing my glass jars and found a jar of apricots that she canned just before she died that I've been saving for a special occasion. I think I'll open them on Beatrice's first Birthday and let her taste something that her great grandmother made with her own hands. It's packed in sugar so I want to wait until she turns one to give her any. Happy Mother's Day Grammie. We love you and miss you so much!

No comments: