Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tooth #2 and first sign!

Bea's second tooth is finally coming in. I will miss her snaggle tooth smile that is just so darling. She also has surprised me by making her first sign, three months earlier than Henry. She signed milk today twice along with a little coy smile because she knew that I knew what she was doing. That is one of my favorite parts of signing with my babies. There's a connection that exists from them knowing that you know what they are trying to say that I think is lost in non-signing babies. The fact that they know you are doing your best to help them try to express their needs probably makes them feel so special and important along with helping them get what they want without crying. And it was SOOOO easy to teach her. I just do the signs for milk before I nurse her, or the sign for food before I feed her, etc. I know she knows what the signs for food and all done are but just doesn't have the dexterity to do them yet. I can't wait for more to come!

No comments: