Monday, April 13, 2009

Beatrice in her Easter Dress

Here is the actual finished product of Bea's Easter Dress! It wasn't that hard to make with the help of my friend, Cynthia, but I still need to hone my skills of picking fabric. I feel like the color combination is pretty predictable. I really didn't have all that much time to pick them out so it turned out okay, but I like unusual combinations that make people think, "wow, I never thought those would go together but it totally works!" I'm working towards that stage. Her dress was a big hit and she looked darling in it. Thanks to Cynthia for helping me with it and for teaching me how to not use a pattern which is much more daunting then just figuring it out on my own.




4 comments:

Paige said...

That's really nice Cynthia could help you out. And I agree - patterns are a completely foreign language to me! They totally scare me off any type of sewing project - me and my un-perfectionist self!

Tracie said...

Nice dress! Bea is so cute and smiley!

sbt said...

I'm learning to sew now too and trying to learn to read patterns.

Is Bea's hair red?

Amelia Hohl said...

Patterns are so tedious and confusing. I love knowing how to copy stuff. My friend's mom buys one really trendy and expensive skirt and makes 10 copies of it for all her daughters and daughter's in law and then returns the skirt. I want to be like that!