Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kisses for the Babies


This week I went to visit two of my friends who have had babies recently.  I was curious to see how Bea would react when I had another baby in my arms since I really haven't had that opportunity lately.  I was pleasantly surprised when Bea was so gentile and kind to the babies in my arms.  She very softly patted their heads, gave them tender hugs and then turned away to go play.  I was so relieved that she didn't immediately defend her territory. 


She got two baby dolls for Christmas and she's slowly getting more interested in them and is getting a little less interested in only boyish toys.  This morning she clearly said "baby" and has been walking around carrying her babies and a little purse around the house. 

Until yesterday morning Bea had never really understood the action of kissing.  Never closed her mouth, puckered, no suction, etc.  Yesterday I caught her hugging her baby next to the ottoman and I saw her repeatedly kissing her baby when she got totally carried away with it, leaned back, lost her balance and fell to the ground on her back.  I ran over and she looked like she was in shock, unsure about what happened.  Since then she's been kissing my head, kissing Henry and kissing her babies all over the place.  The cutest thing about the whole thing was the repeated kissing sounds she was making.  She just gets more lovable every minute!

2 comments:

Thayer said...

sounds like she'll be a great big sister!

The Bryans said...

We just looked through your blog and cant believe how big your little ones are getting. They are adorable.