Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Life with two can be rough sometimes








So basically I'm amazed at all those mothers that have more than one child. Having a newborn and a two year old at the same time can be rough at times, especially when your newborn is constantly sucking on you because she's apparantly not getting enough milk. Ugh. My production is low for some reason and she just doesn't get satisfied for very long AND she's a light sleeper. I feel like I spend most of my day nursing and yelling at Henry to be quiet. The only good thing is that when we're at home, I can get Bea to sleep endless hours in her swing(with lights out and a noisemaker next to her head) It's like nurse, sleep, nurse, sleep every hour for as long as I want, unless Henry comes in and starts climbing all over me and kissing the baby over and over and I can't get him to leave. Then, she wakes up.

These photos show the many faces of Bea. She's definitely related to Henry. He made some pretty funny faces at this age too.

3 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said...

What a sweet face! She's too adorable.

Alissa said...

Amelia--I've had trouble building up my milk supply, and the only thing that has worked is Fenugreek. You probably know about it, but It is an herb commonly used in Middle Eastern cooking and it has made a huge difference for me, allowing me to have enough milk. The main side effect is that your pee and sweat smell like maple syrup. There are a few restrictions on who can use it--I think it's contraindicated in diabetes and in those with peanut allergies...but I'm not sure. I can look it up if your interested.

I could totally relate to your last post. Ella only has a dirty diaper once every 3-6 days, so when she does...watch out!

Thayer said...

Looking at those chubby cheeks makes it hard to believe she's not getting enough to eat :) Very cute; send Henry to us for a while - Nate will entertain him.