Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fireworks with the family and the very poopy night



Saturday night was the celebration of Pittsburgh's 250th Anniversary so we took the family to the three rivers area of the city where we witnessed a incredible display of fireworks that were lit at 17 different locations around the area including the tops of a few of the tallest buildings in the city. So Cool. Bea actually liked the fireworks and she stared up at the sky watching the gigantic display of lights. She likes lights a lot, sometimes more than people. They say that babies like people's faces more than anything, but sometimes I try to put my face really close to hers and talk to her, or smile, but she intentionally avoids looking at my face and looks out the window or at the nearest light source. So, after the celebration we spent at least an hour driving home during which I was trying to get Bea to stop crying. The only thing that worked somewhat was holding both of her hands and her binky in with one hand while I rocked the carseat with the other...that is until she had the most massive explosion of poo I have ever seen. I NEVER saw this much at once with Henry. She cried the rest of the way home because she was sitting in a bucket of poo and when I got home, I had to hold her by her chest and arms to avoid the yellow sludge. I undressed her and her entire body was covered in a coating of mustard like substance that Justin thought smelled like buttered movie popcorn. Sick. We washed her from head to toe in the sink at 12:30 am while we laughed hysterically at the disgusting scene we had just witnessed. I'm just grateful it didn't happen while we were in a gigantic crowd of people and while she was strapped to me. Oh, and the spot where we decided to sit had a huge dog poop right next to it and of course I got my shoes in it. I can't wait for the day when I'm not touching poo every day of my life.

5 comments:

Tracie said...

Buttered movie popcorn? If her poop smells like that to Justin, you should make him change all the diapers!

The Muse said...

Glad it made you laugh! That's awesome. And I second Tracie's motion :)

Sarah said...

Baby blow-outs are the worst. I know I'm in trouble when I hear a gunshot going off in Eva's diaper. Then it's a mad dash to the tub to hose her off. I thought I was the only one with a baby that hates the car. I don't know how I'm ever going to go anywhere again. I did find one thing that works with her and it's a modified version of Happiest Baby on the block principles. I just put hand over her face and grab the sides of her head (holding her binky in with the palm of my hand) and shake or jiggle her head really fast. It sounds violent but you've read the book so you'll know what I mean.

ChrisnDave said...

Haaaaa haaaaaaa, that's hilarious! I'm tellin you, get the potty training going! I am so thankful (and feel spoiled!) to never have to change a poopy diaper! Although I have to say we're definitely still struggling with the peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jodi said...

so cute. Having a toddler and a newborn is tough. Many people tell me its the hardest stage, I believe them. just enjoy the ride!