Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Becomming Mommy



Bea holding the Y she colored for the Mother's Day gift for my mother-in-law that said We Love You Gammie.
Bea dreams about the day she can become a mother.  She and Clementine carry around their hairless rats like little tiny babies and Bea talks about the boys she's interested in marrying.  One night we were talking before bedtime and she asked me when she can get married.  I responded maybe in 15 years or so.  Bea lamented, "what! That's going to take, like, 80 years!" Then she wanted to marry her cousin, Eli, but I told her she would have to find someone else.  She was pretty disappointed at that one as well.  Life does go slow when you're young and nothing goes like you want it to.  She is getting really good at helping me and monitoring what's going on.  She is just like a little mommy, even at 4 years old.  I can't wait for this next year when she'll really be able to help me because heaven knows Henry won't think about changing a diaper or washing a dish!

I'm sorry that I haven't updated your blog for a while sweet girl.  All you need to know is that all you want to do is play with your hairless rats, Pinkie Pie and Muffin Cakes.  I also spend a lot of time looking for them and praying to the Lord that they haven't been eaten by our barn cats.  You take them on our playground and you put them inside the tire swing while you swing around.  Clementine colored one of them with pink chalk today and you are always making them hang on to stuff.  I'm getting rid of 80% of your toys because you don't play with much else.  

Also, you're not going to kindergarten next year and I'm not even sure you know your alphabet yet, but you're getting there!  My goal is to get you reading before you start in 2014 so you're all ready for Chinese Immersion in first grade.   


No comments: