Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tomboy?



I'm sure Bea is influenced in a major way by Henry but I think she truly is a tomboy.  The first thing she goes for in the toy room are the cars which she brings to my feet and while she rolls them around the kitchen I make the car noises.  She also loves playing with a ball and can throw and chase it for hours. The best, though, his her animal sound effects, particularly the growling. 


Bea will find a dinosaur toy and walk around the house growling.  She even growls when nothing is going on.  I just assume she's practicing for when she finds something to play with.  Henry growls a lot while he's playing with toys so I can only assume she's copying him.  She loves playing in the dirt, splashing in puddles, getting really messy, and making animal sounds.  Today we went to the zoo and at every animal I made some sort of a sound she could copy and she loved hearing the real roar of the leopard.  She growled at almost every animal as we made the rounds.



As a greeting or a sign to show she likes you, she loves to bonk heads, so ironically as she was petting the sheep(rather hard, more like slapping them on top of the head) she was head butted by that sheep, which knocked her down and she hit her head pretty hard on the ground as she flew back.  I feel bad because I'm always saying, "look at the nice baby lamb" and "pet their soft wolly coat" while we read the animal books.  There was nothing nice or soft about this mean, dirty creature! Haha! Bea makes a funny "ruff" noise for a dog bark, says "baa" every time she sees a sheep, can say "meow" and peeps like a chick or bird. 

She is also picking up more signs for bird, airplane, fish and will finally do the sign for food after so much coaxing! She's pretty stubborn and only likes to do things her way and in her own time.  Reminds me of some sisters-in-law I know! She's such a sponge and I think she'll start saying a lot more words than mama, dada, uh-oh, woh and oh-yeah, which is actually really funny.  I like that one. 

I gave her a haircut since she has absolutely no curl and it was looking mighty scraggly.  Now it's short in the back and she has bangs in the front with long sideburns, like the long bangs people wear these days.  It's totally cute and looks a lot more kempt and a little punkish.  

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Just which sisters-in-law were you referring to?! :)

Amelia Hohl said...

haha! Well, mainly Stef, but I'm sure that's only because I'm always around her. You guys are all A LOT alike though:)

The Steeles said...

hey!! Bea is getting so big and incredibly cute! I love her hair! You did a GREAT job considering she's a toddler. Dax's sister actually bought us the costume, I think she found it online. They wanted to get her something sweet but she is a little devil in disguise. When Dax's parents came down, they couldn't believe that we called her a little devil, she was being so well behaved. She was just making sure that she was good for grampa and grammy!! Which makes her a little smart devil. Hope everything is going well with you!