Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chubbing Up



Beatrice went for her 5 week appointment the other day and she weighed a whopping 10 lbs 5 oz. I really wasn't expecting her to weigh that much since everyone I met was telling me how tiny she was. I think that was due to the fact that her head size is barely on the charts at the 5th percentile. So I guess when people see her tiny head they think she's way smaller than she actually is. Her head is roughly the size of a large grapefruit and it perfectly round.
I love holding it in my hands. She is turning out to be a really good baby and is pretty good natured. She sleeps most of the day and when she's awake, she is content to just lie on the ottoman and look out the windows. She also loves the outdoors. We have gone apple picking and I went green bean picking all day one day last week and she just slept in my front carrier. She is nursing pretty well now. I already learned how to nurse Henry in my super strappy front carrier from when we took him to Italy at this stage so that is the only way I can feed her in public. She's finally big enough to fill out some of her cute dresses for church and she was just adorable today in her turquoise and brown dress.
She is still ravenously hungry which really pumps up my milk supply which makes me feel so happy. I can't even tell you how good it feels to know that I have enough milk to feed her every time she's hungry. It's pure joy.

1 comment:

Thayer said...

way to go on posting pictures, Amelia, she's so cute. But while you're at it I want one just of Henry and his big boy haircut, from what I can see he looks like a mini Justin now...